Znojmo wine trip
Znojmo wine sub-region spreading in the western part of South Moravia, is called the kingdom of aromatic white wines. The most typical varieties in this region are Gruner Veltliner, Muller Thurgau, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling varieties, Pinots and Traminer. From red varieties it is Blaufrankisch, St Laurent and Blauer Portugieser. The wine centre of the region is the formal royal town of Znojmo.
During this all day trip you are going to discover a number of interesting places, starting with the picturesque medieval Znojmo town, through historical cellars in Louka Monastery and in Saldorf village. On our way back to Brno is planned stop in the winery, winner in architectural competition and in the competition of the best winery of the year.
- morning pick up in Brno hotel (or another place upon request)
- visit to Znojmo town, with more than 790 years history. Short walking through the historical centre and castle area.
- stop in Znojmo enoteca, located in historical premises in the castle areal for first wine samples from different local producers.
- stop in Louka Monastery, the most imposing building in Znojmo founded in 1190. Today it houses the visitor`s centre of Znovin Znojmo winery, the most recognized popular winery in Czech Republic. You will be invited to visit unique Premonstratensians cellars where almost 1.000.000 bottles have been aging in ideal temperature conditions. There is an excellent wine shop there, an art gallery and an interesting exhibition of wine-making and coopery.
- walking with a glass of wine among historical cellars in Novy Saldorf village, the most important wine villages in the Znojmo region.
- on the way back to Brno, last stop for wine tasting in the awarded local winery of Lahofer.
PRICE 118,-EUR/person based on 2 people sharing
- Price for a solo traveler upon request
- Group 3+ discount available
Included: Trip transport (fuel, parking, taxes); English speaking guide services as your private driver; wine tasting