Wine tasting trip to Mikulov wine region
The South Moravia region can be rightfully called the land of wine. 96% of the total of registered vineyards in the Czech Republic are located here. The area, with the oldest grape growing and wine making tradition in the country, is further dividied into 4 wine subregions.
This wine tasting trip will introduce you Mikulov wine subregion, one of 4 Moravian wine subregions. During this trip we will visit the National Wine Salon of the Czech Republic in Valtice UNESCO town (former Liechtenstein princely residence) where we will taste samples of the best Czech wines, the winners of the highest wine competition in the Czech Republic. The trip is combination of wine tasting and visting UNESCO monuments.
- morning pick up in Brno hotel (or another place upon request)
- first visit of Lednice town, the former Liechtenstein summer residence (Thudor-gothic fairytale castle, huge greenhouse, walking in the castle park and visit the Minaret viewing tower, possible cruise on the river Dyje)
- on the way to Valtice, 2 stops and visit the Temple of Three Graces and the Border chateau
- visit the National Wine Salon of the Czech Republic in Valtice for 1.5 hrs wine tasting
- walking in the vineyads and visit the Colonnade which is the main dominant of the Lednice-Valtice area
- stop in Mikulov town, walking sightseeing
- on the way to Brno stop in a local winery for tasting of 3 samples of wine
Included: Trip transport (fuel, parking, taxes); English speaking guide services as your private driver; 1.5hrs wine tasting in the National Wine Salon of the Czech Republic; wine tasting of 3 samples in the local winery